There are so many fantastic resources hitting the web these days. We’ve talked about a few of the ones we’re excited about in past blog posts. What Customers Say is one website we’re looking forward to having all across Canada. But, it’s not a mash up. It’s a forum where people can write reviews about their real estate agents. Simply stated, a mash up is when data from one place is mashed with a program or data from another. There are dozens of google map mash ups. One of the ones we like is Housing Maps – mashing Craigslist rental data with Google Maps. But, recently we read of a different tool that is better called MapsKreig. Julie wrote about this tool, and why a real estate investor would use it, in a recent article for the health, wealth and wisdom e-zine Early to Rise. You can check out her article called The Ultimate Real Estate Match Up here.
We’ll probably write more on this later, but for now, here’s some tools you may or may not have heard of that are well worth a look.
- http://www.hometrader.ca/ Brand new Canadian tool for house hunting.
- http://www.propsmart.com/: U.S. Real Estate Community and Search Tool with Google Maps.
- http://hotpads.com/: U.S. map-based real estate search engine, listing homes for sale, apartments, condos, and rental houses. It also has a buy vs. rent calculator in case you’re interested!
- http://www.findmeacondo.com: Toronto, Canada Re/Max sponsored website for searching for Toronto Condos. I really like the Top Ten list they have for searching for condos.
- http://www.trulia.com/: U.S. site we use all of the time. It has listing, comps and maps all in one place plus stats and other number goodness that I love. I really wish we had something like this in Canada.
- http://www.programmableweb.com/mashup/maiom-italy-real-estate#: An Italian site that seems to be ahead of even my favourite site Trulia. Check this one out just for fun. It’s a real estate application using Google Maps with live completion geocoding, google earth integration, starrable posts, RSS feeds, lightboxed images, and YouTube videos.